ODBC connection to MS SQL 2000 help needed

mfstuart at cox.net mfstuart at cox.net
Fri Mar 31 14:17:57 EST 2006

Ahhh, you pose THE question for me to feast on :)

Lynn Fredricks wrote:
>If you were to prioritize improvements to database access >in Revolution, what would you want?

You mention improvements. I would first request that you apply fixes to all outstanding bugs related to the database libraries.
Next, build a new database library that interfaces directly to MS SQL 2000 and then the new version of MS SQL 2005.
Once I learn this wonderful development tool,
I'd be happy to be a tester for this.
With these new database libraries, I'm sure the company could sell a lot more licenses.
And in the end (for the company), isn't that what it's all about? :)

Following that, I would like to open up discussions with you regarding an
improved development environment for database applications.
This isn't the platform for this. And as I'm planning to attend the June conference,
maybe we can talk then?

Mark Stuart