OT: Apple at 30 - My Piece of the Big Fruit

Martin Baxter mb.ur at harbourhost.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 06:20:39 EST 2006

jeffrey reynolds wrote:

> does anyone remember the Sinclair Z80? my first computer to own.
> whopping 32mb or ram and a micro tape drive (audio dictation tape) for
> its storage! what fun!

Jeffrey, I wonder if maybe you mean the ZX81? - The ZX80 came with
something like maybe 1K of ram as I recall, but the ZX81 had a wobbly
16K ram extension that plugged into the back and took it to 32K. My
electronics tutor wrote a car race arcade game on the ZX80 in machine
code - it was actually good. But I never had one of those. I did have a
ZX81 and subsequently several Spectrums.

> if anyone has a users manual for the sinclair z80 i would appreciate
> talking with you, i lost mine a long while back and would love to poke
> at it sometime!

I actually do have the ZX81 Sinclair BASIC manual. If that is in fact
what you need, what would you like to know? - Who me, sentimental?

I did trash the machine itself a while back though, since I no longer
have a TV to plug it into.

Martin Baxter