OT: Apple at 30 - My Piece of the Big Fruit

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Mar 30 22:58:11 EST 2006

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Chipp Walters wrote:
>
>> I still don't understand why I can't resize a window from any side :-(

> Funny, whenever I use Windows I wonder why I can't move a window from
> any side.  :(

Heh, cute (told you I'd use it).

Still, when trying to 'grow' my script window (to see more of my script)
which I typically keep at the bottom of my screen, it takes me how many
clicks on the Mac?...hmmm, let's count:

1) Click and drag the window up higher
2) Click the small bottom-right corner and drag-down but not too far
left or right as now you're changing the width too.
3) If I don't see enough of the script, then repeat step 1 and 2.

On the PC:

1) Click on the top of the window and drag upwards, revealing the script
as I do, and when I think I've enough script window, I can letup on the
mouse button. Also, I don't have to worry about changing the width of my
script window.

Not to make this a PC vs Mac war thread. There's tons of stuff I don't
like about the PC, especially how the 'Finder' reboots by itself all the
time, and hybernation *NEVER* works on my laptop. Don't even get me
started about the registry!

-Chipp