OT: Apple at 30 - My Piece of the Big Fruit

jeffrey reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Thu Mar 30 17:47:59 EST 2006

Man I had forgot about the III, i was offered one cheap, but luckly
had seen the lisa and had a Basis108 (it had both a 6502 and a z80)
that had the umph of a III so i didnt bite! glad i didnt since i then
got a 256K ram card for the Basis108 and i was the king with the huge
ram drive!

I ended up getting a no name 60mb scsi external drive for my mac SE
(like $1000!) and i was everyone's best friend around the department
since i could back up their 20gb hard drives to my drive when they
needed to reformat. saved them many hours of swapping 3.5" floppies
and got me lots of free beers!

does anyone remember the Sinclair Z80? my first computer to own.
whopping 32mb or ram and a micro tape drive (audio dictation tape)
for its storage! what fun!

if anyone has a users manual for the sinclair z80 i would appreciate
talking with you, i lost mine a long while back and would love to
poke at it sometime!

cheers,

Jeffrey Reynolds

On Mar 30, 2006, at 4:28 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com