revPrintText

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Mar 29 10:45:25 EST 2006

Graham Samuel wrote:
> In my continuing search for a multi-page printing solution, I was
> amazed to find the following in the Dictionary for RR 2.7.0:
>
>> revPrintText
> What amazed me was that nobody had mentioned it before, while I was
> writing arcane enquiries to the list about counting lines, short  final
> pages etc.

There's "revPrintField" too in case you need it. I guess when you were
asking about printing, I assumed that you knew about these commands and
they didn't meet your needs, so you wanted to write your own. When I
mentioned the trick of setting the formatForPrinting of the
templateStack and said "that's how the IDE does it", I was refering to
these two Rev commands.

I guess we could have saved you some trouble by not assuming anything.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com