revGoUrl Fails on Windows?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Mar 28 18:40:49 EST 2006

The testing of Hinduism Today Digital Edition is going well. Actually
there are very few expected bugs, but new unexpected caveats are
coming up from the cracks:

Here is the most "egregious" of the problems: on many windows
machines, it seems  the registry or some security things are set up
in such a way that

revGoURL "http://www.example.org/info.html"
revGoURL "mailto:letters at hindu.org"

Are failing... Is there a way to over come this? My feeble
understanding is that it is problem with the Windows Registry.

I'm sure other developers must have encountered this.. what is the
work around? Or, is this a new problem with 2.7?

Looks like it is another good reason to embed Altuit's  browser!

Sivakatirswami