How to use an image as cursor

Jonathan Lynch jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 17:27:56 EST 2006

I have put some thought into this:

1) You can make a cursor that is a single dot (or invisible)
2) You can make an image that automatically follows the cursor, and on every
mousemove is positioned so that its visible portion is exactly one pixel
below or to the side of the dot (or invisible hotspot)

This way, the image will look like it is the cursor, and you can make it as
big and colorful as you wish. The image will never actually be under the
hotspot of the cursor, it will always be one pixel off. When you click on
the stack, the click will actually hit the stack, not the pretend cursor.

I have experimented with this, and so I know it works.