Rev Media and the product line gap

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Tue Mar 28 14:46:56 EST 2006

Indeed, Richard,

That's the very point I would make about Hypercard: that it accomodated
all levels of users.

I'm certainly not making the point that mouse-based interaction is
superior/preferrable/etc. as oppposed to keyboard-based interaction.  Only
that GUIs were initially designed to stress mouse-based interaction over
keyboard-based interaction.

As with our favorite x-talks, more ways of doing things is better ;-)

I SWEAR I still find myself doing the apple-y thingy to eject disks...
even in OS X @;-P

Then, when that predictably doesn't work, I'll just click-drag it to the
trash can.  Always gives my students the willies.

Judy