Weird Idle behavior

Chris Carroll-Davis chris at carroll-davis.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 04:17:24 EST 2006

Thanks for the comments Jaqueline.

Yep, I do appreciate that it's more efficient to use "send" * , but
the trouble is I want the timer to animate smoothly, not lurch once a
second.

I have the thing working fine now without using the dreaded idle.  I
know it's not the best solution, but I'm using two "flavours" of the
updateTimer handler.  One that includes a call to send update in 6
ticks (so I get 10 fps) that replaces idle. Another flavour (exactly
the same but without call for update) updates the timer during tight
loops (e.g. during mouse drag of objects).

Thanks again.

Chris

* Am holding copy of complete adventures of Rocky and Bulwinkle in
right hand and hereby swear to *never* use idle again in my whole
life. Ever. OK?

:-)