Weird Idle behavior

Chris Carroll-Davis chris at carroll-davis.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 15:01:40 EST 2006

Update!

Actually, in this instance, timed messages seem a bit hopeless.  I
want my timer to be smoothly updated  (i.e. equivalent of 10 fps or
better) during repeated mouse drag operations.  With the idle
approach, I could simply call the updateTimer handler from within the
mousedown loop.  But If try the same thing with the timed message, it
is sending thousands of "updateTimer in 10 ticks" messages, which
seems to swamp it.

I guess I'm missing something really obvious. But well, I'm a bit thick!

Chris