Can a constant be global?

James Spencer jspencer78 at mac.com
Mon Mar 27 13:15:04 EST 2006

On Mar 27, 2006, at 11:42 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Graham Samuel wrote:
>
>> Yup, that's what I've always done in the past: I just thought
>> constant declarations might help,
>
> Custom properties can act like global constants.

This may be true but it strikes me as an "expensive" means of
creating a global constant.  The whole idea of constants in most
languages is that they can be substituted by the compiler so they are
a zero runtime cost.  This would not be true for a property which as
to be extracted from somewhere at run time.

James P. Spencer
Rochester, MN

jspencer78 at mac.com

"Badges??  We don't need no stinkin badges!"