Delete Variable command

Robert Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Sat Mar 25 23:28:51 EST 2006

It seems odd to me that the Delete Variable command would return a
compiler error if it didn't detect that the variable you were trying
to delete existed. I may not know or care if it does, I just want to
delete it if it does. Otherwise I have to go through a series of
commands to see if it does before I try to delete it, and even then I
will get a compile error. It doesn't help putting it inside a try
construct, because it's a compile time error. Seems it should be
treated as runtime, if treated as an error at all!

Also I noticed I cannot give the command a list of variables to
delete, as in:

delete variable mbob1, mbob2, mbob3

But I can declare them just fine:

global mbob1, mbob2, mbob3

I also noticed that declaring a global does NOT create a variable as
it does in  Foxpro. That cost me a bit of time, but I learned stuff.
heh heh.

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management