The Business of Software: What is Distribution?

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Fri Mar 24 18:14:38 EST 2006

> Are you aware that there is already a book called "The
> Business of Software"?  It's written by an academic and is
> very good.  Maybe a different title...?

Not sweating the title at this point - absolutely the last thing to think
about.

You only need to start with a title if you are producing a movie starring
Freddie Prinze Jr - as that is the best thing that can possibly come out of
it ;-)

You mean the Cusumano book? If so I wouldn't categorize him as an academic.
His Microsoft Secrets book, while now a bit out of date, has some good
nuggets in it about what works at MS (and a few things that don't ;-)).

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Worldwide Business Operations
Runtime Revolution, Ltd