Pasting part of an image to a specific loc by scripting?

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri Mar 24 11:54:33 EST 2006

Hi all,

Is it possible to paste a copied portion of an image to another place in
that same image by scripting, e.g. the topleft quarter to the topright
quarter?

The paste command always places the copied part of an image at the
center of the image as in the following script, so what kind of
parameters should be added?:

"on mouseUp
  choose select tool
  put the topleft of img 2 into tpos
  put tpos into tpos2
  add 200 to item 1 of tpos2
  add 200 to item 2 of tpos2
  drag from tpos to tpos2
  copy
  click at tpos # without this click a *black* rectangle is pasted
  paste
  choose browse tool
end mouseUp"

Another script just moves the selected part of the image to the right,
leaving the previous selected area as blank:

"on mouseUp
  choose select tool
  put the topleft of img 2 into tpos
  put tpos into tpos2
  add 200 to item 1 of tpos2
  add 200 to item 2 of tpos2
  drag from tpos to tpos2
  subtract 200 from item 2 of tpos2
  drag from tpos to tpos2
  choose browse tool
end mouseUp"

As usual, the solution is probably quite simple, but I cannot find any
relevant information how to to this in the docs.

As a workaround, one could use a succession of snapshots and the
deleting of the interim images, but I think there must be an easier way
using paste, drag, move etc.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke