Setting up a team...

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 05:01:00 EST 2006

On 3/24/06 1:28 AM, "Andy Calloway" <a.calloway at callowaygreen.com> wrote:
<snip>
>Do I go looking for a RunRev
> programmer, do I freelance our requirements or do I take someone on and
> train them in the art of Transcript?

You may have the best luck hiring a consultant who is very experienced in
PHP to come in and go through a few meetings, then give you set of
recommendations.  This would be a couple days of his time, and maybe a bit
of travel, but your idea seems to be a strong departure in your business
model, and worth valuable investigation.

 The reason for the PHP background is that there would be no language
barrier.

A world-class consultant is worth his weight in gold.  I know, because I
just had a 2 hour consult with one in early Feb, and my business will be
reaping the rewards for the next few years.  He was able to confirm some of
our conclusions, dash many of them, then put forth several nuggets that led
us in highly productive directions.

Less than 4 weeks later we saw results in the bottom line!

PS  Don't forget about some of the developed products by people on this
list, such as altBrowser by Altuit, and work by Fourth World, etc.  The Rev
site has a list of consultants.  Appropriately, I am not on that list since
I only develop Rev tools for my own business use.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas