Keeping windows together on Windows XP

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Mar 23 12:42:43 EST 2006

On  Thu, 23 Mar 2006 07:30:31 -0800, Rob Cozens <rcozens at pon.net> wrote:

> Graham,
>

>> What I would like is to take charge of the whole front of the screen
>> while my app is active - is this possible?
>>

> Would setting a backdrop accomplish what you want?

Well, maybe, but when I tried this I ran into a problem on Windows
where the backdrop turned into an independent process and had to be
closed with ctrl-alt-delete. I may have been doing something wrong,
but rather than investigate it I went back to my homegrown backdrop
which fills all the screen apart from the toolbar/dock area (that's
what I've been asked to do, not cover the whole screen kiosk-style)
and always pushes my other stacks to the front every time it gets a
chance... I will look at backdrop some more.

Thanks for replying

Graham