Weirdness Passing Messages

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Mar 23 08:03:42 EST 2006

Hi Mark,

I was hoping that you were going to say Version 2.6.6 (which I am
using), I was going to try it in version 2.7 and was hoping to would
be fixed! I'm using MacOS 10.4.5 too.

Can anyone check if this works on a different platform? I only have a
Mac.

Is this a Bug? If so it a *REALLY* fundamental one! The only way I
can thing to get around this problem 100% is to add a function:

function PutDataIntoMe theLongName,theData
   do "put theData into " & theLongName
end PutDataIntoMe

and use this anytime I want to put data into "me". However, will I
need a getter too? Also what about this:

enable me
disable me

or

set the visible of me to true

Will these work? Or do I need similar functions to do all this??? The
reason I mention it is that I just tried:

set the text me of to "ObjectY"

And it doesn't work either???

This has causing me to reevaluate if RunRev is the correct tool to
use. If something as Fundamental as this doesn't work, what else
doesn't work?

All the Best
Dave