[?] Mac Classic, 2.6.1, MySQL

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 21:00:15 EST 2006

On 3/22/06, Sean Shao <shaosean at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Even though Apple and Microsoft have stopped supporting certain makes of
> the
> operating system there are still tons of machines out there that run them
> and that's still a potential market to make money from.

Agreed.

Apple stopped supporting HyperCard when? And under what OS? Yet we still see
"I have a HyperCard stack I want to convert" type questions popping up on
this list.

Sure, I'm not suggesting that you could make a living out of custom
HyperCard stacks, but I think it clearly illustrates that while software is
cheaper to buy than hardware many will keep buying software rather than
buying new hardware - until they can no longer run the software they NEED.