Acessing button scripts in a HC stack ?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 06:01:47 EST 2006

On 3/21/06, Francis Nugent Dixon <effendi at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi from Paris,
>
> I want to port scripts from Hypercard into Rev 2.6.1, where
> I can play with them to my hearts content, but all my attempts
> have so far failed.
>
> I can access the fields and their contents, but the word
> "button" doesn't give any joy.

Are you opening the HyperCard stacks in Rev? If so, you should read
Jacque's excellent tutorial on the subject at
<http://www.hyperactivesw.com/mctutorial/index.html>.

Apart from that, I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying that
imported stacks don't have their buttons, or that the imported buttons
don't have scripts or what?

As a general rule, I recommend creating a new stack in Rev and copying
the scripts over with the necessary changes, instead of importing
directly, but I have had no major problems with either method.

Cheers,
Sarah