[?] Mac Classic, 2.6.1, MySQL

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 15:43:47 EST 2006

Sean,

This is a strange one.  I've seen this before, and if I remember
correctly, the problem is that database applications, for whatever
reason, are linked to the Valentina external on Mac Classic.  Whether
you're building for Valentina or not.  There is a bug report on it,
though I don't have the number handy.

The workaround is to build your standalone with Valentina support as
well as MySQL support.  The part I can't remember is if it's
necessary to include the Valentina library with your standalone or
not.  You may have to experiment with that.

Hopefully this'll help you get things figured out.

Chris

On Mar 20, 2006, at 12:52 PM, Sean Shao wrote:

> I'm working on a small project that needs to run on Mac OS X, Mac
> Classic (9.2.2) and Windows and that uses the database library to
> connect to a MySQL server. Everything runs fine on OS X and
> Windows, and it runs fine in the IDE on Mac Classic.
>
> When I compile a Classic application from the IDE on the Classic
> Mac the application crashes on launch with a Type 1001 error.
> I've noticed that the MySQL library file from the 2.6.1 Classic IDE
> is only 244 KiB yet the one that's in my OS X 2.6.1 IDE is over a
> meg big.
> When I replace the MySQL library in the compiled app's folder the
> application successfully launches, but I get a Rev DB error
> "Unsupported database type".
>
> Has anyone successfully made a Classic app using the database
> library to connect to a MySQL server, or has everyone moved forward
> to OS X?
>
> -Sean

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally