Get a handler from a script

Wouter wouter.abraham at scarlet.be
Mon Mar 20 04:50:42 EST 2006

On 20 Mar 2006, at 02:12, Geoff Canyon wrote:

> I feel like the harbinger of doom here (with Alex as my able
> partner in doomsaying) but:
>
> This would still be subject to failure if, anywhere in the script, /
> * or */ appeared _not_ as block comment delimiters, but as part of
> a string.
>
> gc

-snip-

and what about this first draft ?:

on mouseUp
   put removeBlockComments(the script of me) into fld 1
end mouseUp

/* this is a comment
#as is this */function removeBlockComments pText   --toggle the #
put true into tFlag
repeat for each line i in pText
   if char 1 to 2 of word 1 of i = "/*"  then
     put false into tFlag
   end if
   if tFlag and token 1 of i is among the items of
"on,function,setprop,getprop" then put  i & cr after tList
   else if tFlag = false then
     if char 1 of word 1 of i is "#" and "*/" is in i then
       put true into tFlag
       get  "/*" &i
       if tFlag and token 1 of it is among the items of
"on,function,setprop,getprop" then
         put token 1 to -1 of  it & cr after tList
         next repeat
       end if
     end if
     repeat for each token j in i
       if j is "*/"  then
         put true into tFlag
         get  "/*" &i
         if tFlag and token 1 of it is among the items of
"on,function,setprop,getprop" then
           put token 1 to -1 of  it & cr after tList
           exit repeat
         end if
       end if
     end repeat