Exit Repeat

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Sun Mar 19 17:51:28 EST 2006

'wait 0 ticks with messages' was the thing - thanks!

So a general (stack-wide) approach might be to use a custom prop in
the stack:

in a control, card or stack:
on handlerWithRepeatIMightWantToInterrupt
   set the canInterrupt of this stack to true
   repeat forever
     wait 0 ticks with messages
     doRepeatStuff
   end repeat
   set the canInterrupt of this stack to false
   otherStuff
end handlerWithRepeatIMightWantToInterrupt

then in the stack script

on escapeKey
   if the canInterrupt of me then
     set the canInterrupt of me to false