imagedata in Word XML

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Mar 18 10:43:01 EST 2006

Gordy, et al:

> Well, even though you decode the information from the WordML file, now
> you have a binary representation of a PNG or JPEG, etc., and that is
> not in a format proper for imageData, which is an array of 4-byte
> integers, each integer representing one pixel.  You will have to
> base-64 decode the information in the WordML file and then read it in
> as if you were reading an image file off a disk, etc.  This will
> decompress the information that is encoded in the file and then you
> can use the result as imageData.

Are you sure the result should be used as the imageData of an image
rather than its text?

I don't know exactly what is stored in WordML; but my understanding is
that the text of an image is the actual binary content of the image
file, while the imageData is a Rev-proprietary representation of the
image as currently displayed.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company