Making the move...

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Mar 17 16:14:46 EST 2006

Marielle,

Most of us know, you have a running feud with those at RunRev. If you
aren't happy with the tool, then just don't use it. It's that simple.

Perhaps there aren't as many libraries available for Transcript, but who
says using only reusable libraries is the only way to code quickly? I
can still develop my apps significantly faster than enterprise customers
who code in Java and .NET (even with all their free libraries!).

As Richard has implied over and over, it's about ROI for the client. If
I can program some apps faster than another developer, then I provide
value for my client. It really is that simple.

This is not to say Revolution is the perfect application framework for
every type of project --though I've personally yet to find a project
which it won't work for. Projects which require large teams of
programmers (like Operating Systems for instance) are not a good match
for Runtime Revolution. But for small groups who need fast results,
Runtime Revolution works great...libraries or not.

And for the record, Richmond was not 'banished' from this list for his
views on Open Source. The first time, I believe he was banished for his
choice of cursed language, and RR let him back on only to have him post
to this list a hack to the RR website (which many of us would have only
forwarded directly to RR).

Your effort here to cast RR in a poor light regarding Richmond, Xavier
and others is a disservice to those who don't know the whole story.

-Chipp