Making the move...

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 04:06:07 EST 2006

Hey Dan, thanks for the quick note.
I think I get now.  8080 is already open.  Launch this and the metacard
stack listens without changing any control panel stuff.

Just tried the following:

Safari
http://localhost:8080/~jault/
=== stack running as an app (dbl clk) no problems

Explorer from a Windows XP computer on my local network
Firewall OFF
http://192.168.15.100:8080/~jault/
=== stack running as an app (dbl clk) CRASHED metacard

Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes:      KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000

>From FireFox on the same Mac
http://192.168.15.100:8080/~jault/
=== CRASHED metacard
EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000

>From Safari on the same Mac
http://192.168.15.100:8080/~jault/
=== CRASHED metacard
Safari can¹t open the page ³http://192.168.15.100:8080/~jault/². The error
was: ³lost network connection² (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005)

now I am confused.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas