Developer Annoyance #1

Arthur Urban aturban at qwest.net
Fri Mar 17 03:17:04 EST 2006

Yeah, thought about that too, but I'm tired of accommodating
transcript's ideosyncracies. A language should accommodate the developer
at every turn. The problem I see with the solution below, is that if any
layer in the message path has an identically named function, the one I
want invoked will be intercepted early, and screen the one I actually
want. It also kinda obviates the entire strategy of invoking a method in
another object. :)

You probably already considered these side-effects, but I spelled them
out for anybody else following along, trying to learn this language.