Developer Annoyance #1

Arthur Urban aturban at qwest.net
Fri Mar 17 03:09:36 EST 2006

The problem with this solution is that varA and varB are not evaluated.
In order to use your syntax it would need to be:

send "calc" && varA & comma & varB to btn "source"
or
send merge( "calc [[varA]], [[varB]]" ) to btn "source"

I find both inelegant readability wise. I think there is a great burden
on language developers to create a language that goes as far as it can
toward self-documentation. I feel that the message passing mechanisms
are a sore spot in transcript. I do not understand why Rev would be
unable to parse my proposed syntax.

Thank you for your suggestion, however!