[OT] Spotlight and Tiger

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 23:18:43 EST 2006

On 3/16/06, Stephen Barncard <stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com> wrote:

> Is anyone else annoyed with this horrible 'feature' of an otherwise great
> OS?

You miss the most annoying feature of all. Spotlight is invariably WRONG. I
fail to find folders or files which blantanly exist. The number of times I
typed in the exact file/folder name and spotlight fails to find it is mind
boggling. It has nothing to do with permissions because I check. I can find
the file next to the one that is 'spotlight-shy' or find files/folders
inside the folder that is 'spotlight-shy'. I 'reset' permissions (because
they are no different) to the file/folder's neighbour, but it makes no
difference.

I've used FileBuddy for years and was thinking that it was becoming less and
less useful - little did I know.