[OT] Spotlight and Tiger

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 15:44:30 EST 2006

On 3/16/06, Stephen Barncard <stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com> wrote:
> Does anyone here know about a way to turn off all Spotlight activity
> and replace it with the the Panther style search?
>
> I really, really HATE Spotlight. I just want to search filenames, not
> the content. In spotlight I get way more hits than I need. I design
> all my filenames to tell me all I need to know.

I've started using PathFinder from CocoaTech <www.cocoatech.com>,
which allows me to do a Spotlight search or to enter a more restricted
set of search conditions e.g. files with names contains "blue", with
the extension "rev", modified within the last week whose size is
greater than 1 MB.

Cheers,
Sarah