Would this be a situation for a Front Script?

Garrett Hylltun garrett at paraboliclogic.com
Mon Mar 13 16:07:57 EST 2006

Rev 2.6.1

Greetings,

I have about 200 objects on a card, and I want to have mouseEnter and
mouseLeave handlers for all of them, but instead of writing code for
each one, would it be better to just use a front script to intercept
these events?

All of them will do the same thing, which is change the color of the
background of each object on enter and then change it back on leaving.
I have the objects named individually like this "box1" all the way
through "box200".  So determining which object fired the event is not an
issue.

But I don't have any experience with front scripts, so I don't know if
this would be a situation where a front script would be of benefit or
not.  If so, can someone point me to a tutorial on front scripts?

Thanks,
-Garrett