QTVRs (was: Rev on Intel iMacs)

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Mar 13 12:13:47 EST 2006

On Mar 13, 2006, at 8:31 AM, Ian Wood wrote:

> 2.7.1 !?!
>
> I just had a look at a QTVR file - zooming in and out was quite
> jerky, in fact the performance was appalling overall, frame rates
> must have been in single figures on a dual G5. On the other hand,
> simply showing a QTVR file is no longer using 100% of a processor...

This is a result of the Rev transition to the newer QuickTime APIs
that report how often an application needs to idle QuickTime movies.
How often you idle a QTVR determines how smooth the playback is.  It
should be fixed in the 2.7.1 release but for the time being you can
reduce the idleRate property to something like 10 and see really
smooth playback.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - http://www.bluemangolearning.com