Grouping inside Grouping not that robust

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sat Mar 11 19:11:30 EST 2006

It seem like Rev is still got problems with groups inside
groups...anyone else seen this?

I've been trying to make design elements out of little line segments,
and that requires making groups of groups sometimes to make them
movable and usable.

But it's like walking on eggs. Rev gets confused as to what group is
what, groups are hard to select, and twice in my case while trying to
group it did something horrible to the stack - it made a tabbed
button beneath it invisible - like the object shows up in the
inspectors, but .... isn't there, isn't offscreen... it's just not
visible and no property change will bring it back. Revert.

I think this is a bug and it seems to corrupt the stack.

I guess the rule is -- don't go more than 2 level deep with groups in
groups. And as far as graphics go - if I have to work with small
pieces, I think I'll do it in Appleworks or MacDraft and assemble the
artwork there in front of an image of where they'll go... I've spent
hours with this...

It would also be nice if there was some way to know what level of
grouping one is in... as well as some way of grouping line elements
so that they become a new graphic object.  Or how about 'locking'
groups so the elements stays together in the group.

sqb
--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o