OT: Course Builder (was: The End of Dreamcard?)

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 11 15:15:06 EST 2006

Indeed, there was a scripting language in World Builder. Bill
Appleton (a native Knoxvillean) went on to turn that into Course
Builder, which was a delightful visually-oriented way to create
software. He went on to develop SuperCard after that.

Eventually, Discovery Systems of Knoxville (comprised of 2 or 3 of
the folks involved in the inception of Course Builder) acquired the
rights to Course Builder and marketed it for about 10 years.  Alas,
all good things must come to and end and it finally became
financially infeasible for them to continue marketing Course
Builder.  They had wonderful, free tech support (you often got one of
the authors if you called for help).  I was very sad when they
finally folded shop. :-(

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Marian