[FR] [EN]Re: The End of Dreamcard?

Mark Swindell mdswindell at cruzio.com
Fri Mar 10 22:12:43 EST 2006

As someone who has long been involved in elementary education I can
say that at our level, while decisions may be made to shuffle
existing funds one direction or another, those "existing funds" are
negligible.   The bank is broke.

Cutting the fat out happened long ago.  Then most of the meat went.
It's now down to making the hard decision on which tendons and bones
to keep, and even those that are saved are being whittled away,
slowly but surely.

Most anything that looks from the outside like a well-funded program
is based on door to door fund-raisers and parent donations, taxes by
another name, collected by kids.  As a culture that respects and
values education, ours pretty much... uh... sucks.  No Child Left
Behind... right.

Mark