Interesing bug with word elements

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Fri Mar 10 18:24:56 EST 2006

It depends on what the contents of test was.  If you look at the user guide
(and maybe other documentation), item is the only chunk that will create
blank items, so for put something into word 2 to work, there already needs
to be a word two, but put x into item 5 of test will add the commas  to
make test=,,,.x

So I think this is documented behavior and not a bug.