copy from a locked, focusable fld under Windows

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri Mar 10 16:17:01 EST 2006

On Fri Mar 10, 2006, André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr wrote:

> Hi !
> I have fields that are set to "lock text", "focusable" and "auto hilite
> text".
> I want that users be able to select a part of text and to copy it in
> order to paste it elsewhere (for ex. in a Word document).
>
> (snip)
>
> It works well on Mac but not on Windows.
>
> Any idea to get it on Windows
>
> Thanks a lot in advance
>
> Best regards from Grenoble
> André

Hi André,

It works for me here on Windows (XP) with engine version 2.6.1, but
somewhat differently in the Metacard and Revolution IDEs.

In the Metacard IDE CTRL-c and CTRL-V for copying and pasting work
without problems (with "locktext", "Autohilite", and "Traversal On"
checked; "Traversal On" is the equivalent of "focusable" in Rev.)

In the Revolution IDE CTRL-C indeed does not work (with the same field
and stack), but I could copy the mouse-selected text from the menubar.

This would pose a problem in Rev if your application is a standalone.

The stack I tested is my documentation search stack
"SearchdocsXML_2.6.1" which you are already acquainted with as you had a
look at it while you were experimenting with search strategies some time
ago (page "Tools and Samples for Development" of my website
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>).

Kind regards,

Wilhelm Sanke