[FR] [EN]Re: The End of Dreamcard?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 22:45:49 EST 2006

On 3/10/06, Judy Perry <jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu> wrote:

> And while I am not sounding the call for a dozen weepy violins, I suspect
> that other educators on the list might well tell similar tales.

So I can only surmise that you must be happy that Media will be cheaper than
DreamCard.

For what it's worth I started with Rev Express way back when. It was free.
In many ways this turned me off Rev because what was so easy was made so
difficult by the need to work around the 10 line limit. I thought it rather
strange that Rev had entire Doc section on how to work around the 10 line
limit! During that time I spent little time scripting because I just didn't
enjoy it.

As mentioned above when Rev dropped Express and I had to 'pay' I was pretty
ticked off and sent Rev an email letting them know it. Even at free I didn't
think Rev represented value for money;-)

In the end I should be thankful to Rev for forcing me to buy the 'real'
tool. You get what you pay for. I now spend a lot of time scripting.

Many people would not buy a 'model train' considering it an expensive toy.
Some people have to do crosswords, others soduku, others can live without
either. Some people get enjoyment out of golf, other find it pointless.

Marielle wrote:

> focus on a discussion of the intrinsic quality of the
> product and customer support.

If programing is in your blood then the 'intrinsic' quality will be
different for everyone. Repeatedly from those who make a living out of using
Rev we read that they consider it too cheap. For those who use Rev as a
hobby, they want it a little cheaper and I think Rev has moved that way.

Plastic, die cast, or brass model train.

Media, Studio or Enterprise. Each will find their level of intrinsic value =
$$$ spent.