No OpenStack ..... ! Now Ending !

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Mar 9 11:33:48 EST 2006

Francis,

> One more small point. When I drop my files onto (would
> you believe it ?) a Lexar JumpDrive, and move to the PC,
> I find that I have twice the files I thought. I get the same
> number of Alias ? files, equivalent to the files I copied.
> How do I remove this problem ?

I have simply ignored the files that whose names start with "._".

I suspect these files contain the resource fork data -- if the file has
any.  Since Rev stacks have nothing in the resource fork, it shouldn't
be an issue...and hasn't been for moi.

Rob Cozens, CCW
Serendipity Software Company

"A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part
limited in time and space.  He experiences himself, his thoughts and
feelings as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical
delusion of his consciousness.  This delusion is a kind of prison for
us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few
persons nearest to us.  Our task must be to free ourselves from this
prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living
creatures and the whole nature in its beauty."  -- Albert Einstein