2.7 bugs

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Wed Mar 8 15:27:36 EST 2006

Dan,
I use OS X and agree with David. New users should start with 2.6.x and
wait while 2.7 matures.
Version 2.6.1 was the best all-around release of Rev in the last three
years. "In my experience" 2.7 was one of the worst.
The missing documentation chapters, crashes when accessing the Table
panel on the Inspector, etc. etc.  affect all platforms. The automatic
changing of creator codes and file types affect OS X users (especially
the changing of creator codes which are not an issue on Windows or
UNIX). Changing the appearance of previously created stacks from OS X
to OS 9 may or may not be exclusively an OS X problem.
2.7 promises to be very good when it is ready. I don't believe it is
ready yet.
Paul Looney
PS Remember the last meeting in Monterey when we asked for two updates
that did nothing but fix bugs? That seems, in hindsight, to have been a
very good suggestion. 2.6.8 could have been awesome!