2.7 bugs

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 13:43:21 EST 2006

David.....

Your remark is a *little* off the mark, I think and I'd hate to see it left
lying around without comment for newbies and investigators to stumble over.

First, as far as I can tell from reading this list and other conversations,
the problems with 2.7 are almost exclusively with the Windows version of the
IDE. OS X works pretty nearly flawlessly (allowing for the fact that all
software has bugs) and apps built in it for delivery on Windows also work
fine.

Second, the problems with 2.7 are apparently confined to some specific areas
of functionality, so that there have been many reports of folks using 2.7 on
Windows without serious problems as well.

So a fairer statement might be, "Enough people, including me, have found
enough bugs in 2.7 for Windows that we've stopped using it and reverted to
2.6.1 until a more stable release is issued."

:-)