In-line Fraction with Horizontal Line

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 21:55:49 EST 2006

On 3/7/06 1:08 PM, "Jim Hurley" <jhurley at infostations.com> wrote:

> To answer your question, I guess I would  try using separate fields
> for the num and dem of the fraction with a graphic line in between. I
> presume the slope is always represented by the fraction?

You could hide/show/move fields that represented the components of the
equation, eg
fld partBeforeDiv
fld partAfterDiv
image divShort
image divMedium
image divLong
image sqRootThin, sqRootTall, sqRootTail

detect the number of div images required
set the left,top of each field, opaque false, with the correct image
beneath.

The editable field can now be represented more correctly.
Might work :-)

Jim Ault
Las Vegas