Scrollbar to drag through a movie?

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Tue Mar 7 13:28:47 EST 2006

>-----------------------
>
>Message: 12
>Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 09:57:32 +0100
>From: Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de>
>Subject: Re: Scrollbar to drag through a movie?
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>Hi Jim,
>
>>  Klaus,
>>
>>  Thanks. I have been using the handler you describe above, but there
>>  was never a picture that responds to the setting of the
>>  currentTime. Although the movie would "start" at the currentTime.
>>
>>  I'm not sure I know what you mean by "when the QT controller is
>>  visible." Is this a feature of RR?
>
>you can check "Controler" in the inspector for the player, and that
>is a QT only feature.
>That one checked is what I mean by "when the QT controller is
>visible." :-)
>
>>  I haven't taken the plunge into 2.7 as yet. Waiting for things to
>>  sort themselves out.
>>
>>  But I would appreciate it if someone would let me know whether RR
>>  has fixed the display problem in OS X. That is, whether the
>>  following stack runs as expected:
>>
>>  go  url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/DisplayProblemsOSX.rev"
>>
>>  Does the graphic move evenly across the screen or is the  motion
>>  herky-jerky?
>>  Same for the banner display?
>
>Tried it on my 1 Ghz G4 Mac and the motion is ehmm... immediate (the
>graphic is here and then
>there at once) and so is the banner, the text suddenly appears
>without the "OS X fix"
>
>>  Thanks,
>>
>>  Jim
>
>Regards
>
>Klaus Major

Klaus,

Sorry to be so dense about this, but I presume that the "QT
controller" must first be loaded into RR for it to appear in the
inspector. That's what I don't get: How do I load the controller into
RR?

I spoke to Mark Waddingham at Monterey about this screen refresh
problem in Mac OS X and he said (I think) that he was going to fix
it. Maybe I should remind him.

Jim