How to preload sound files

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Mon Mar 6 21:03:38 EST 2006

Hi Peter,

Another approach is to load the files as URLs with the 'load' command,
then set the player filename to each loaded url in succession. I don't
know how the transition speed would be, but at least the player would be
dealing with preloaded files. It might be fast enough.

I would probably use 'send... in' to run the loading handler, so I could
make it load the next file only after the current one has started
playing, but before it has completed.

Of course you might need to unload them too.

Phil Davis