Scrollbar to drag through a movie?

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Mon Mar 6 18:08:02 EST 2006

>Message: 16
>Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 17:52:24 +0100
>From: Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de>
>Subject: Re: Scrollbar to drag through a movie?
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>Hi Jim,
>
>>  Is is possible to drag smoothly through the video frames of a movie
>>  using  a scrollbar?
>
>with version 2.6.1 this is only possible when the QT controller is
>visible
>OR
>(if the controller is not visible) when the movie is already
>playing...?!
>
>This was possible with earlier versions of Rev :-/
>
>But with Rev 2.7 this is possible again :-)
>
>Just set the startvalue of your slider to 0 and the endvalue to the
>duration of the player...
>
>on scrollbardrag tValue
>    set the currenttime of player xyz to tValue
>end scrollbardrag
>
>C'est ca :-)
>
>>  I can drag to a current time and then start from that point, but I
>>  would like to see the frames shuttle by as I drag the thumb.
>
>Hope that helps...
>
>>  Jim
>
>Regards
>
>Klaus Major
>klaus at major-k.de
>http://www.major-k.de
>
>*

Klaus,

Thanks. I have been using the handler you describe above, but there
was never a picture that responds to the setting of the currentTime.
Although the movie would "start" at the currentTime.

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "when the QT controller is
visible." Is this a feature of RR?

I haven't taken the plunge into 2.7 as yet. Waiting for things to
sort themselves out.

But I would appreciate it if someone would let me know whether RR has
fixed the display problem in OS X. That is, whether the following
stack runs as expected:

go  url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/DisplayProblemsOSX.rev"

Does the graphic move evenly across the screen or is the  motion
herky-jerky? Same for the banner display?

Thanks,

Jim