The End of Dreamcard?

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Mon Mar 6 15:48:59 EST 2006

>Timothy Miller wrote:
>
>>Thanks for your reply. It's not a question of licensing. It's a
>>question of planning. I'm just trying to figure out what RR product
>>I will need, in the long run, to continue running my stacks. Studio
>>is my guess.
>
>If you don't mind the persistent backdrop and you aren't using
>external databases, then I suspect you could also do fine with
>Media. Media has a script editor.
>
>But I think the idea of renewing DC now and waiting for a while to
>see what your needs are is a good one. That way you don't lose
>anything.

Thanks Jacque,

I can't quite picture the "persistent backdrop." Is there a way to preview it?

Will Media support all the commands, functions, properties and
containers presently supported by Dreamcard, except for external
database-related stuff?

If so, will Media do other things that DC presently doesn't do?

I still can't figure out if Media is meant as a DC replacement, or if
it also adds functionality to Studio. Am I overlooking some kind of a
comparison chart on the RR website? If I'm not, this really shouldn't
be so hard.

I paid for an extended licence for DC some time ago, so renewing the
license is not an issue. I thought it was a bargain at the time,
still do.

Cheers,

Tim