Revolution for commercial development?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 05:42:24 EST 2006

I can't answer all of your questions, but I'll tell you what I can.

> + How good is revolution for commercial development?
I use it for commerical programs. It's fast to program and easy to maintain.

> + How stable is Revolution? ( many bugs? very less bugs? )
It has bugs but the compiled apps are extremely stable.

> + Can I generate...
>   + interface-less apps?
>     ( not command line, but no GUI. Like If I want to create DropZIP with no
> UI)
>   + command line apps?
>   + GUI apps?
>   + TCP/IP, HTTP, POP3, IMAP, SSL apps?
>   + Database frontends for mySQL, postgreSQL, ORACLE, MS-SQL,

Yes to all of the above, I think. I haven't done any non-GUI apps
myself, but I know some poeple on this list have. GUI apps are the
norm for Revolution. Any TCP/IP protocol can be preogrammed using
sockets amd secure sockets are now part of Revolution. Database
connections are a big part of Revolution.

Regards,
Sarah