Cursor not showing up in standalone

Stgoldberg at aol.com Stgoldberg at aol.com
Sun Mar 5 08:27:14 EST 2006

I've tried photocopying the magGlass cursor (black and white 16x16 pixel) and
then setting the cursor to the ID of the image, but on my computer (OS X
Revolution Studio version 2.7) I still only get a white outline, rather than the
graphic. If you are right, Jacquie, that this may be a bug to be fixed in the
next update, I'll wait.   In the meantime I'm using a workaround.   I'm
trying to have the user do a mousedown over a small round graphic that indicates
the spot to listen to the patient's heart.   Once the mouse is down, I wanted
the cursor to change to a small stethescope (which looks like the magnifying
glass) and then hear the heart sound.   Since I can't get the cursor to change to
the magnifying glass (Perhaps I've misunderstood Chipp) I can at least issue
the command to set the showname of the graphic to true, the name now being "X"
(as in "X" marks the spot) letting the user know s/he has correctly clicked
at the right spot. The "X" appears with mousedown and disappears (showname
false) on mouseUp. Thanks.
Steve Goldberg

In a message dated 3/4/06 1:19:23 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
writes:

> Hi Steve,
>
> I manually copy the cursor to my stacks and assign it an ID I know won't
> conflict.
>
> Then I do:
>
> set cursor to the id of img "magGlass"
>
> hth, chipp
>
> This sounds like the same bug in the standalone builder that prevented
copying externals to a standalone. It's been fixed for the next update.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com