XP Problem SOLVED!

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Fri Mar 3 09:24:49 EST 2006

>Yup, Andre:
>
>That's apparently the cause!  I was able to u/l the file to RevOnline,
>install Rev on the PC in here and pull it down from there.
>
>Worked fine.
>
>Have advised the student that his drive is the problem.
>
>As for why we didn't try other options, well, there aren't any other
>options.  Neither of us had a burnable CD, the Macs are all OS 9 and most
>of them don't work at all, and even if they did, they're running Rev 2.5,
>and, finally, the FTP server corrupts as well as zero's out files
>unpredictably, so I couldn't distribute the files that way, either.
>Yikes.
>
>Thanks again!
>
>Judy

Such problems are specific only to certain USB stick technologies.
Even though they all look alike, more or less, they use different
storage technologies inside. I have encountered some problems with
the newest, very cheap ones, including not being recognized by one or
the other system, whereas older ones I have work reliably between
OS9, OSX, and Windows.

Your problems with FTP server sound weird. But zipped stacks should
transfer okay as email attachments if nothing else is available and
anti-spam lets zip files through.

Robert