[OT] Market Share

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Fri Jun 30 02:51:48 EDT 2006

On Jun 29, 2006, at 4:59 PM, Mark Smith wrote:

> And even then, if you're developing in a particular area, these
> installed base/market share figures can be wildly different anyway.

True dat.

Among creative professionals (graphic design/web/video/print/music)
Mac market share is far higher than 5%. In the area of professional
video production, I have heard figures of 50%/50% Mac/Windows market
share.

As far as Final Cut Pro editors, Mac market share is 100% (because
they killed the Windows version before release! :-)

In dental office software I doubt Mac has anything close to 5% - I
would guess more like .1%.