Get a Free Copy of Shade 7 Designer - 3D Software

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Wed Jun 28 18:45:40 EDT 2006

Just so other folks know about the reality of this offer...

TIPS:

1. make sure you select the right product: Shade 7 designer LE for
Survey Participants #19618

2. Prepare to wait a long time to download it.

I've just wasted 1.5 hours trying to get my free thing.

First the survey. Badly written and executed, and if you make one
mistake in 24 entries, you are sent back to the beginning, without
the accompanying graphics that are needed to answer. The site is
incredibly slow so every page reload takes about 30 seconds.

Finally I get the notification that my survey is ok, and on to the
next step, downloading. Nope --- I have to register at 'Content
Paradise'. Ok, what the hell. I create an special email address just
in case ( I don't trust any company anymore with my main email
address) and register.  After about a half an hour I get my
confirmation. I click on the link and I'm certified.

Now I go back to the site (an hour has passed by now). I wait forever
while successive pages load, then finally get to the right order
screen. I enter my precious special code... and.... I get a bad code
error. Dammit. Again. And again.

I just tried one more time... this time I got the download link.
Click. NOW their server is SERIOUSLY overloaded. Right now on my
Cable 6mb line, I get an incredibly slow connection - it says it will
take a DAY to download @ 3.5k a second.

They really need to look at their delivery system, or they're gonna
be outa business. At least separate the downloads server from the web
site!

I'll move the download over to another machine - but most people
don't have that luxury.

sqb

"If I don't complain, who will"...

--